Sunday, September 30, 2012

L.A. Colors Nail Polish!

Hi Everyone! Wow, it's been a while! But I have another product review/first impression post for you all!

I had heard a few beauty vloggers who live in Canada mentioning a brand called L.A. Colors, and I wanted to try something from them for such a long time, but I'd never seen the brand anywhere where I live, so I of course came to the conclusion that it must be a Canadian brand, unavailable in the states. I was checking out my local Dollar Tree today, though, and what did I see in the makeup section? A whole fuh-lippin' bunch of L.A. Colors makeup products! I only had a small amount of cash on me and already had my hands pretty full, so I decided I'll go back and get more at another time. After I left the Dollar Tree, I went to Ross. What did I see again at Ross?! That's right, more L.A. Colors! I found this nail polish set, with 7 polishes, for $5.99 - what a steal! I had to get it.


This collection of seven polishes (or varnishes!) is called the Brites collection, and as you can see from these photos, they are all gorgeous colors! Only two of the colors live up to the name of the collection, though, which is disappointing. 
Another thing I'm not a huge fan of with these polishes is the fact that none of them are named! If someone liked a shade and were to ask me what it was, I wouldn't be able to give them a name! 
I've tried three of these polishes so far (I'm a swatching junkie), the green, orange (yellow?), and pink shades. The green and pink shades were so opaque, I was blown away. It took two coats to get a solid, smooth color! The orange shade is much thinner, and shows your natural nail through the polish after three coats. But they dry fast, so that makes up for it!























I'm very happy with this purchase and I think these polishes are going to get a lot of use. They are a very welcome addition to my little nail polish family.




No comments:

Post a Comment